Jammu & Kashmir Tour
Jammu and Kashmir acronym J&K can be divided in three parts. Jammu (26293 sq. km), Kashmir Valley (15948 sq km) and Ladakh (59146 sq. km). Kashmir has so many beautiful valleys such as Kashmir valley, Chenab valley, Sind valley, Tawi valley and Idder Valley. Pir Panjal mountain range falls in between Kashmir valley and plains of northern India. Between Ladakh and Kashmir Valley stands high altitude Himalayan range. Kashmir Valley is densely populated valley with average altitude of 1850 meters above the sea level. Srinagar is the capital and major city besides Jammu.
Srinagar is located on the banks of Jhelum river a tributary of river Indus, Dal lake and Anchar lakes. All the sightseeing is pivoted around it and the journey to innumerable captivating places can be made from here.
Plan meticulously- The northern most part of India has abundance of natural resources that one can’t, at any point of the journey, say ‘now it’s enough’. But one must plan the travel itinerary such that one can have maximum fun out of the minimum time. For an uninterrupted pleasurable time, planning the tour well in advance and chalking out the schedule to visit all the major sightseeing destinations, short hops, hotel bookings and travel reservations are the must. Travelers must plan the visit to these places in summers or in mild winters till October. Avoiding acute wintery months is the wise choice.
How to reach- Srinagar is the main city and capital of J&K. One can stay there and travel around to see the places.
By Road- The roads are excellent and good buses available from Jammu and other cities.
By Air- Sheikh Ul Amin Srinagar airport is 15 km from the city and regular flights are available from New Delhi, Amritsar, Jammu, Chandigarh and Leh.
By Rail- One can travel to Jammu or Udhampur and can choose any option to travel by road to Srinagar. Though a rail track is being built to connect Jammu with Srinagar.
Accommodation- In Srinagar budget hotels to five star hotels are available. Other options such as guest houses and house boats too can be hired to stay.
Ethnic food & Cuisines- Kashmiri food is simply out of the world, having Mughal influence too. Out of a long list few are referred here.
- Wazwan- A multi- course meal with chicken, lamb or fish but never in beef, is a mouth-watering preparation, considered nothing short of the work of art.
- Rogan Josh- A Mughlai curry dish of mutton or chicken is a delicacy
- Yakhni- a yoghurt lamb curry
- Dum Aloo- Kashmiri Dum Aloo has an exquisite taste flavored with distinct condiments.
- Matschgand- Is a mince meat balls in curry, can lead you to gluttony.
- Goshtaba- is a famous mincemeat ball dish cooked in yoghurt is presented at special occasions.
- Herbal tea- Kashmiri herbal tea is very healthy and digestive.